|Healthier Options for Fast-Food Eating. We shall see!|
I recently read an interesting article that I think you will also find interesting. According to a survey conducted between 2013 and 2016 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 37% of adults surveyed admitted to eating fast food at least once during the last 24 hour period.
Here is what I thought was unbelievable. In the article they gave some of the healthiest choices at some of the top fast-food establishments. The fat content at all the places was still way too much (except for one) and the sodium content was way too high. I hear it all the time, Oh Stuart, I just had a salad!
Below I have listed some of the findings from the article. I only picked the ones that I thought most people would pick to eat.
- Burger King Grilled Chicken Sandwich: Calories – 470, Protein – 37 grams, Total Fat (saturated) 19G (3.5G), Carbs -39G, Fiber – 6G, Sodium 850 MG
- KFC Grilled Chicken Breast 1 piece + house side salad with light Italian dressing: Calories – 240, Protein – 39G, Total Fat (saturated) – 8G (2G), Carbs – 5G, Fiber – 2G, Sodium – 1230MG
- McDonald’s Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad: Calories – 350, Protein – 37G, Total Fat (saturated) – 11G (4.5G), Carbs – 27G, Fiber – 6G, Sodium – 1,070 MG
- Starbucks Chicken and Quinoa Protein Bowl: Calories – 420, Protein – 27G, Total Fat (saturated) – 17G (3G), Carbs – 42G, Fiber – 9G, Sodium – 1,030MG
Saved the best for last:
- Subway Turkey Breast 6-inch Sandwich: Calories – 280, Protein – 18G, Total Fat (saturated) – 3.5G (1G), Carbs – 46G, Fiber – 5G, Sodium – 760MG
So there you have it. I am so happy I bring my lunch to work everyday. At least I know what is in it!